N.U.in Semester Visa
It is the your responsibility to obtain an appropriate visa, if necessary.
Please check with the Italian consular authority in your region for the most updated visa requirements and processes.
Italian Consulates do not follow identical procedures. It is your responsibility to contact the Italian Consulate in the geographic area of your legal, permanent address and review the specific study visa requirements listed on the website of that Consulate. Each Consulate also has specific forms noted on their website which they require you to download and complete.
If applicable, certain documents needed for the your visa process will be provided by Northeastern or the host partner institution. Additional information regarding the visa process and any documents provided will be posted here as early as possible. Please note that such information is intended as informational guidance only and does not constitute legal advice. Global Experience Office staff are unable to provide advice to students or families concerning visa requirements and/or application processes.
If you cannot obtain a valid visa in time for the program start date, please refer to the N.U.in Payment and Withdrawal Policy and contact the Global Experience Office to discuss next steps.
If you are an international student seeking information regarding your F-1 Visa process for studying in the United States for Spring semester, please refer to the Northeastern Office of Global Services.
Please keep the following in mind when planning your appointment:
- Please check with the Italian consular authority in your region for the most updated visa requirements and processes.
- Appointments must be after May 25, 2021, as appointments cannot be greater than 90 days ahead of your departure to Italy.
- You must be 18 at the time of your appointment (some consulates do not list this as a requirement but students have been turned away previously).
- You must have graduated high school at the time of your appointment (some consulates do not list this as a requirement but students have been turned away previously).
- Your passport will be collected at the appointment and will be returned to you by mail. The processing time will vary by consulate, please keep this in mind if you have international travel planned over the summer.
- You must confirm your appointment with the consulate the week before or it will be canceled.
- The scheduling system resets each day at midnight Rome time, so it is best to check for new appointments at that time.
- New appointments will appear each day so do not lose hope if you don’t see one the first few times you check.