WELCOME TO THE N.U.in PROGRAM!
We’re hard at work getting the website ready with locations for fall 2021—stay tuned for the announcement in early February.
What is The N.U.in Program?
Northeastern University’s signature first-year global experience, the N.U.in Program embodies Northeastern’s experiential approach to education. Launched in 2007, the N.U.in Program is rooted in our core belief that Northeastern students should be curious, adaptable, and agile as they explore the world around them.
Through the N.U.in Program, students will have a rigorous academic experience intertwined with unique cultural and social opportunities outside of the classroom. Coupled with a robust support system, this experience will support students’ growth as global citizens and fine-tune the skills they need to navigate their future.
Students admitted to the N.U.in Program embark on a unique first year internationally or in Boston. You will choose a location based on your major, age eligibility, and program capacity. If an international location is not able to operate given the global travel situation, you will have the opportunity to participate in an alternative program experience during the fall.
Your first semester credits will be applied toward your degree program, and you will start the spring semester with your fellow N.U.in alumni—more adventurous, more intellectually curious, and ready to jump into the next adventure. You will have the support of the larger Northeastern community, including a network of faculty, staff, advisors, and peers ready to support you.
How can I learn more about the N.U.in Program?
We are excited to support you and your family as you explore the incredible opportunities offered through the N.U.in Program and the university as a whole. Information will continue to be shared with you over the coming months. In the meantime, we encourage you to:
- Mark your calendar for our N.U.in virtual events—stay tuned for more details, and visit your Application Status Check for more information and to register for events.
- Meet your pack by checking out @TheNUinProgram and @NUAdmissions on Instagram and Twitter to connect with other N.U.in students and alumni.
- Keep an eye on your inbox and mailbox for your N.U.in Admitted Student Guide and other important information.
Is The N.U.in Program right for me?
Studying internationally and in Boston is a rewarding and enriching life experience. Imagine starting your undergraduate career in an exciting, global setting. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime.
Before making your college decision, remember to take time to gather the information you need by speaking with N.U.in staff, and evaluating your own goals and expectations for your first year of college. To help you discern whether the N.U.in Program will be a good fit for you, ask yourself:
- How do I adapt to new environments?
- How do I cope with challenging situations or problems?
- Have I set goals for what I would like to achieve while in N.U.in and in my academic career?
- Am I financially prepared?
- Why do I want to be part of The N.U.in Program?
Curious about costs and payment information?
Cost: The cost for all N.U.in Program locations for fall 2020 was $35,995 (USD).
Details for fall 2021 sites will be provided when sites are announced in early February. This program fee generally includes:
Tuition, housing, dedicated 24/7 support staff, group flight fare and coordination, pre-departure orientation, on-site orientation, group excursions, N.U.in-organized activities, and other site-specific activities.
While enrolled in the N.U.in Program, students who file for financial aid are considered for need-based Northeastern funding only. Grants, loans, and work awards from federal and state sources cannot be applied to the fall semester. Students who qualify can use these financial options beginning in the spring semester.
The Office of Student Financial Services prides itself on offering expert advice, friendly service, and personalized support. Northeastern offers more than $305 million in grant and scholarship assistance, participates in all federal aid programs, and offers information on alternative financing and the Northeastern Payment Plan.
For additional information regarding financial aid, deadlines, and more, please visit the Student Financial Services website.
Ready to Enroll?
We’re excited that you’ll be joining us this fall. To enroll:
- Log into your Application Status Check. You will need to enter your NUID (which can be found on your acceptance letter) and your birthdate in order to log in.
- Select “N.U.in Deposit” under “Your Next Steps.”
- N.U.in requires two deposits to secure your spot:
- Nonrefundable enrollment Deposit 1—Due 11:59 p.m. EST May 1, 2021: $1,200
- Nonrefundable enrollment Deposit 2—Due 11:59 p.m. EST June 1, 2021: $2,500
- If you submit your deposit after the fall 2021 locations are announced, you may make your location selection based on your college’s compatibility. If you submit your deposit before sites have been announced, you will be able to come back to make your site selection at a later time. Please keep in mind that location availability is based on capacity, and locations are filled on a rolling basis once they’ve been announced.
Still have questions?
We’re happy to connect with you. Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] or +1.617.373.6447.
If you are looking for employment opportunities for fall 2021, staff positions will be posted in early 2021. If you have questions about this, please contact [email protected].
If you are an alumnus looking for details on requesting a transcript or other information, please contact [email protected].