WELCOME TO THE N.U.IN PROGRAM
Greetings to our newly admitted students and families
The N.U.in team is hard at work preparing our website with information regarding the locations for fall 2022 and much more. Locations will be announced in February, so stay tuned. In the meantime, we encourage you to explore the information provided below as you begin to learn about the N.U.in experience.
We’ll provide more information over the coming months, mainly through email. To ensure you and your family receive all of our communications, visit your Application Status Check to review, add, or update your contact information.
What is The N.U.in Program?
The N.U.in Program is one of Northeastern’s signature first-year experiences and truly embodies the university’s experiential approach to education. Launched in 2007, The N.U.in Program is rooted in our core belief that Northeastern students are curious, adaptable, and agile as they explore the world around them.
Through The N.U.in Program, students will have a rigorous academic experience intertwined with unique cultural and social opportunities outside the classroom. Bolstered by a robust professional support system, this one-semester experience supports students’ growth as global citizens and fine-tunes the skills they need to navigate their future.
Students admitted to The N.U.in Program embark on a unique journey. Together you’ll study abroad during your first semester at a partner institution of your choosing—eligibility is based on your major, age, and the location capacity. During your spring semester, you’ll study at Northeastern’s Boston campus.
Your first semester course credits will be applied toward your degree program, and you’ll start the spring semester along with your fellow N.U.in alumni—more adventurous, more intellectually curious, and ready to jump into the next adventure. You’ll have the support of the larger Northeastern community, including a network of faculty, staff, advisors, and peers ready to support you.
How does The N.U.in Program Work?
The N.U.in Program is a one-semester global experience for first-year students. Guided by the Global Experience Office, N.U.in students will be supported through processes such as gathering documents, course registration, and housing selection for the spring term.
All students admitted to The N.U.in Program have until May 1, 2022, to submit their enrollment deposit through the Application Status Check—including those who applied as Early Decision applicants.
N.U.in Program locations will be announced through email in February 2022 and made available for students to select. All locations are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. All N.U.in students are guaranteed a spot in a location that is compatible with their academic major. Once the locations are announced, students will need to submit their deposit before selecting a location and securing their spot.
Throughout their N.U.in experience, enrolled students will be supported by advisors from their academic college and other campus units such as Student Orientation and Family Programs.
How can I learn more about The N.U.in Program?
We’re excited to support you and your family as you explore the incredible opportunities offered through The N.U.in Program and the university as a whole. Information will continue to be shared with you over the coming months. In the meantime, we encourage you to:
- Stay tuned to learn more about N.U.in admitted student events being hosted in the spring. Check your Application Status Check in the coming months for more information and to register for events.
- Follow @TheNUinProgram and @NUAdmissions on Instagram to connect with other N.U.in students and alumni and learn more about the student experience.
- Keep an eye on your inbox and mailbox for your N.U.in Admitted Student Guide and other important information.
Is The N.U.in Program right for me?
Studying abroad is a rewarding life experience. Imagine starting your undergraduate career in an exciting, global setting. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime.
Time spent traveling the world can be thrilling, but it can be challenging as well. Before making your college decision, remember to take time to gather the information you need by visiting our campus, speaking with N.U.in staff, and evaluating your own goals and feelings about studying abroad. To help you discern whether The N.U.in Program will be a good fit for you, ask yourself:
- How do I adapt to new environments?
- How do I cope with challenging situations or problems?
- Have I set goals for what I would like to achieve while in N.U.in and in my academic career?
- Am I financially prepared?
- Why do I want to be part of The N.U.in Program?
Why was I admitted to the N.U.in Program?
Your acceptance into the program speaks highly of the kind of person you are—one who can make great contributions to this program and Northeastern University. After all, you have many of the qualities that are valued in N.U.in students, including a sense of academic independence, a willingness to explore new ideas and places, a mature and open mindset, and an adventurous spirit. The N.U.in Program offers well-qualified applicants—to whom we were not able to offer admission in the fall—the opportunity to join our community and begin their time at Northeastern with experiential education.
Curious about costs and payment information?
Cost: The cost for all N.U.in Program locations for fall 2021 was $37,135 (USD).
Cost information for fall 2022 locations will be provided when locations are announced in February. This program fee generally includes:
- Tuition, housing, dedicated 24/7 support staff, group flight fare and coordination, pre-departure orientation, on-site orientation, group excursions, N.U.in-organized activities, and other site-specific activities.
While enrolled in The N.U.in Program, students who file for financial aid are considered for need-based Northeastern funding only. Grants, loans, and work awards from federal and state sources cannot be applied to the fall semester as The N.U.in Program is a pre-matriculated pathway to Northeastern. Students who qualify can use these financial options beginning in the spring semester.
The Office of Student Financial Services offers expert advice, friendly service, and personalized support. Northeastern offers more than $339 million in institutional aid, participates in all federal aid programs, and offers information on alternative financing and the Northeastern Payment Plan.
Please visit the Student Financial Services website for additional information regarding financial aid, deadlines, and more.
Ready to enroll?
We’re excited that you’ll be joining us. Here are the following steps to make a deposit:
- Log into your Application Status Check. You’ll need to enter your NUID (a 9-digit number beginning with “00”) and your birthdate in order to log in.
- Select “N.U.in Deposit” under “Your Next Steps.”
- A non-refundable enrollment deposit of $1,200 is due by 11:59 p.m. EST on May 1, 2022. This deposit will enable you to select your program location.
- For students who select an international location, a second non-refundable deposit of $2,500 is due by 11:59 p.m. EST on June 1, 2022. This deposit is not required if the student selects a domestic location (if available).
- Please keep in mind that location availability is based on capacity, and locations are filled on a first-come, first-served basis once they’ve been announced.
Still have questions?
We’re happy to connect with you. Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] or +1.617.373.6447.
If you’re looking for employment opportunities for fall 2022, staff positions will be posted in early 2022. If you have questions about this, please contact [email protected].
If you are an alumnus looking for details on requesting a transcript or other information, please contact [email protected].